The newly introduced ECG Power app is meant to allow about 2.8 million out of the 3.8 million customers of the power distributor to buy power at their own convenience using their mobile phones.
ECG Power app allows consumers to check their meter balance and how much credit have been used within a period.
Below are steps to follow if you want to download and use the new app
- Install the ECG Power app from google play store on Android or App store on iPhone
- Crate a new account on the app with your email, phone number and a password
- Go to the right-side bottom of the page and add your meter details by clicking the + sign
- You go ahead and enter the details of a second meter (if you have more than one meter)
- Choose the TOP-UP module to buy power for your prepaid meter
- Choose PAY BILL module to pay for your postpaid meter
- Confirm the payment via your mobile money
Meanwhile for non-smartphone users, ECG has introduced a new shot code to help customers access the major features on the mobile app.
YOU MIGHT ENJOY: Free SHS is the most significant Social Intervention since Independence – Dr Bawumia
The new code is *226# on all mobile networks in Ghana.
With the new ECG short code, you can;
- TOP-UP credit on you prepaid meter
- PAY BILL for your postpaid meter
- Regularly update your customer information with ECG.
BELOW ARE LINKS TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW ECG APP
ECG POWER APP – ANDROID VERSION
ECG POWER APP – IPHONE VERSION
Per the features of the new mobile app, customers can make purchases via the various payment platforms provided by telcos such as MTN’s mobile money, Vodafone cash as well as AirtelTigo cash.